The New Jersey State Triathlon will be held Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24, in Mercer County Park in West Windsor, bringing together 3,000 competitors and more than 10,000 spectators for the largest triathlon in the state.
The New Jersey Triathlon Sprint Race begins at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 23. The Olympic Distance New Jersey State Triathlon race begins at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 24. Please be aware the traffic in and around the park will be affected by the race on these two dates between 7:30 a.m. and approximately 11 a.m. each day. Motorists looking to avoid any delays should steer clear of the following roads:
West Windsor (Saturday and Sunday)
- Village Road (between Quakerbridge Road and Old Trenton Road)
- Old Trenton Road (between Village Road and Robbinsville Road)
- Conover Road
- Edinburg Road (between Old Trenton Road and Village Road)
- Hughes Drive (between Mercer County Park entrance and Quakerbridge Road)
- Hughes Drive (between Old Trenton Road and Quakerbridge Road)
Robbinsville (Sunday only)
- Robbinsville Road (between Old Trenton Road and Pond Road
- Pond Road between Robbinsville Road and Hutchinson Road
- Hutchinson Road between Pond Road and Combs Road
- Combs Road and Cubberly Road
The New Jersey State Triathlon is one of the largest multisport events on the East Coast, attracting competitors from more than 38 states around the nation, and even includes international participants. The “Olympic” triathlon consists of a 1,500-meter swim in Mercer Lake, a 23-mile bike course and a 6.2-mile run; the sprint course consists of a 500-meter swim, an 11.5-mile bike course and a 3.1-mile run.
CGI Racing is holding the event in conjunction with the Mercer County Park Commission.
For more information on this race and other CGI Racing-produced events, visit www.cgiracing.com. For more information on events at Mercer County Park Commission facilities this summer, visit www.mercercountyparks.org.