The following is a message from Lawrence Township:
Important Announcement for the Organic Waste Collection Program: Please be advised that on March 1, 2017, collection was changed to every Thursday for the organic waste collection program. This does not affect your regular recycling or trash collection schedules. The first new Thursday collection was on March 2, 2017. This will help Solterra achieve some collection efficiencies with neighboring communities. Please call the Public Works Department with any questions at (609) 587-1894
Upcoming Recycling Event: The Mercer County Improvement Authority is sponsoring a Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Electronics Recycling Event on Saturday, April 8th between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the Dempster Fire School at 350 Lawrence Station Road. See attached flyer for more information.
Dog License Renewal: January was dog license renewal month. We will continue to accept applications through the month of March. Beginning April 1, there will be a penally fee assessed. All dogs seven (7) months and older must be licensed. For your convenience an application for licensing your dog has been attached. For questions or additional information about licenses, please call the Clerk’s office at 609-844-7000.
- NJDOT Project Continues – Deck Replacement and Resurfacing of I-295 Ramps to Route 1: The NB ramp (towards Quakerbridge Mall and Princeton) is open; however, the ramp to Route 1 SB (towards the Brunswick Circle and Trenton) will remain closed for approximately eight weeks. Southbound Route 1 traffic is being detoured on I-295 SB Exit 65A (Sloan Avenue) in order to U-turn and travel NB back to Exit 67B to access Route 1 southbound. Please use caution in this area.
- The Route #1 construction project is continuing as expected. Caution should be used along this stretch of roadway and when entering and exiting the Brunswick Circle.
Brush and Branch Collection
- The week of March 13 is Zone 2 – Yard waste must not be placed at the curb prior to your designated collection week. Residents may place brush at the curb the weekend before their scheduled collection week.
- Yard waste and vegetative materials shall not be placed in an area of the street greater than four (4) feet in height. All branches shall be no greater than 5 feet in length.
- Tree limbs larger than 8 inches in diameter may not be disposed of through curbside collection.
- Stumps, dirt, grass, sod, pressure treated wood, stones, plywood, and construction material will not be collected.
- Yard waste shall not be placed within 10 feet from the nearest storm drain outlet.
- Christmas trees may be placed out during your scheduled week for zone pickup. All decoration and lights must be removed. Trees may also be taken to the Ecological Facility at 3701 Princeton Pike.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Department of Public Works at 609-587-1894.
Lawrence Township Eco-Waste Collection Program: Lawrence Township continues to offer an optional recycling program that allows residents the opportunity to compost their organic waste. Removing organic materials from the waste stream will reduce the amount of trash that is taken to the landfill. According to the EPA, food scraps and yard waste make up 20 to 30 percent of the waste stream. If you are interested, please complete the enrollment form: http://lawrencetwp.com/pw-organicwaste.html