To the Editor:
I am pleased to announce that I have submitted my petition for re-election to the Hopewell Valley Regional School District Board of Education. It has been my privilege to represent Hopewell Township on the Board over the past six years.
I have chaired and served on several Board committees including Education, Personnel, Technology, Policy, Finance, and Facilities.
I am proud of Hopewell’s direction and accomplishments, and it has been gratifying to be actively involved in the development of many district initiatives during my time on the Board, including:
- Increasing access to AP and Honors classes at Central High School and Timberlane MS by establishing consistent eligibility criteria;
- Improving consistency of curriculum, instruction and achievement across our four elementary schools;
- Developing programs to improve services while keeping special education students in-district;
- Developing a homework policy to balance academics and co-curriculars;
- Establishing STEM and Performing Arts magnet academies;
- Expanding Kindergarten to a full-day program;
- Implementing a 1:1 learning environment while reducing overall district technology costs;
- Increasing extra-curricular opportunities through the addition of new athletic teams and clubs;
- Hiring capable, visionary administrators, improving professional development and transitioning to inquiry-based instruction; and
- Minimizing annual budget increases and ensuring that funds provided by district taxpayers are used wisely and effectively.
I believe I can make valuable contributions to our current initiatives that include improving our appeal process, grading, report cards, and character and cultural education. I will also keep a watchful eye on the ongoing referendum projects.
I hope to have the opportunity to continue my service to the students, parents, and residents of Hopewell Valley as a member of the Board of Education and respectfully request your support.
Adam J. Sawicki Jr.