Updated from West Amwell Township Emergency Management (March 9, 2018 1315): The mayor, JCP&L and Emergency Management Officials had a conference call this morning. JCP&L will be gathering further information, on their end and passing it along to us later this afternoon.What we can report is that 19% of the Township is still without power. And that there was an additional line that fell this morning.
Here is the road status as of 1315 today:
Wooden’s Lane Now Opened
George Washington Road Now Opened.
Rocktown Hill Road Now opened
Rock Road West Tree crew working in the area at this time
Mt. Airy Harbourton Road Live Primary wires down in front of #258
Rocktown Lambertville Road
Wire across driveway at #358
Live wire down in the street near # 300
As we receive more information we will pass it along
Watch Facebook and Nixle for further updates
For full details, view this message on the web.
West Amwell Emergency Management alerted its residence today that twenty percent of West Amwell Township remains without power, and neither Mayor Bergenfeld nor the Township Emergency Management personnel are receiving updates from JCP&L representatives.
“Mayor Bergenfeld has been in touch with a Vice President of JCP&L, however he was unable to assist. The Mayor has also been in touch with Senator Turner’s office to seek assistance in elevating our problems,” said the announcement from the Township.
At this time, the West Amwell Office of Emergency Management is unable to provide any JCP&L updates at all but assures that West Amwell Police Department, Public Works, Emergency Management, and Fire Company are doing what ever they can to assist the members of the public.
As as the time of the annulment (7:48pm on 3/8/18), the following streets are closed, or compromised:
- Rocktown Hill Road: Closed between Route 31 & Gulick Road. Tree across the road, in to power wires
- Rock Road West, Near Lakeview: Tree across the road, with primary wires down in the street.
- Rocktown Lambertville Road: Once again is closed Near # 300. There are also primary wires down on the side of the road in the area of Rocktown Hill Road .
- George Washington Road Near # 12: Low hanging tree, in to wires. Passable with a small vehicle.
- “Our frustration level with JCP&L has reached the highest possible level. Plans are being put in place to address this totally unacceptable response by JCP&L at the next Township meeting,” shared the West Amwell Emergency Management in the announcement indicating that further information will be provided when available.
“Our frustration level with JCP&L has reached the highest possible level. Plans are being put in place to address this totally unacceptable response by JCP&L at the next Township meeting,” shared the West Amwell Emergency Management in the announcement indicating that further information will be provided when available.
Residents are urged to shelter in place. For full details, view this message on the web.