Mercer County offers an array of summer camp opportunities for area youngsters. For specific information about summer programs listed below, please use the contact information associated with each camp.
The Mercer County Park Commission hosts summer nature camps at Baldpate Mountain in Hopewell Township, Mercer Meadows in Hopewell and Lawrence townships, and Mercer County Park in West Windsor. These camps are designed to connect kids with nature through a wide range of explorative projects and activities. Camps will be filled as registration forms are received.
Summer camp programs include:
- Aquatic Adventure Camp for children entering grades 7-8. This camp, designed to balance the fun of summer with science, is held at Mercer County Park, with the County’s pontoon boat serving as a floating classroom on Mercer Lake.
- Baldpate Nature Camp for children entering grades 1-6. This camp, designed to enhance children’s natural affinity for the great outdoors through hands-on nature explorations, science experiments, forest hikes and unstructured nature play, is held at Baldpate Mountain.
- Ultimate Camp Experience for children entering grades 5-7. This camp, new for 2015, offers children an opportunity to discover the many activities the Park Commission has to offer, including kayaking at Mercer Lake, hiking at Baldpate Mountain, golfing instruction at Princeton Country Club, court time at the Tennis Center, and a live animal presentation with the Wildlife Center.
- Wild Discovery Camp for children ages 4-5 years. This half-day camp is designed as a playful introduction to the wonders of nature and takes place at Mercer Meadows.
For more information on the Park Commission’s summer nature camps, call (609) 303-0706 or visit http://www.mercercountyparks.org/environment/summer-nature-camp.
The Mercer County Equestrian Center is offering six weeks of summer camp for New Riders, Advanced Beginner and Intermediate/Advanced Experienced riders at the Equestrian Center in Hopewell Township. Enrollment is limited to six campers in the New Riders and each Advanced Beginner sessions and eight campers in the Intermediate/Advanced Experienced sessions.
For more information, call the Equestrian Center at (609) 730-9059 or visit http://www.mercercountyparks.org/facilities/equestrian-center and click on “2015 Summer Camp.”
Howell Living History Farm in Hopewell Township offers summer camp programs for children in age groups 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12. Campers will experience hands-on animal care, helping with chores, feeding, gathering eggs and more. In the garden, campers will plant, cultivate and harvest seasonal vegetables. Each day will focus on a different farm highlight in a 1900s setting. Campers also will discover nature, searching for animal tracks, exploring various habitats and collecting natural treasures. In addition, there will be time for crafts, stories, games and hayrides.
For more information, call (609) 737-3299 or visit http://www.howellfarm.org/ and click on “Kids Programs” then “Summer Camps.”
MERCER COUNTY 4-H
Mercer County 4-H, part of Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Mercer County, is offering full-day camps in Cooking and Sewing for children entering grades 4-7 and for children entering grades 8-12; Adventures in Art and Nature for children entering grades 3-5; Robots, Rockets, Coding and More for children entering grades 4-8; and Outdoor Adventure for children entering grades 4-8. The Art and Nature, and Robots, Rockets, Coding camps are held at the Lawrence Nature Center, 481 Drexel Ave., Lawrence; the others are held at Rutgers Cooperative Extension, 930 Spruce St., Lawrence, next to the Trenton Farmers Market.
For more information, call (609) 989-6833 or visit http://mercer.njaes.rutgers.edu/ and click on “2015 Mercer County 4-H Summer Day Camps.”
The Mercer County Tennis Center at Mercer County Park in West Windsor is offering a variety of junior daytime and late afternoon/evening summer tennis programs, including the following:
- Quick Start Pee Wee program for children ages 5-6.
- Junior Tennis Camp for children ages 7-16.
- Junior Tournament Training for children ages 10-12.
- Junior Tournament Training for teens ages 13-18.
- Junior Futures Training for teens ages 13-18.
- Beginner-intermediate program for children ages 10-12.
- Beginner-intermediate program for children ages 7-9.
- Junior Pre-Futures Training for children ages 10-14.
For more information, call (609) 448-8007 or sign in to the CommunityPass website at
The Mercer County Golf Academy offers summer camps at Princeton Country Club in West Windsor and Mountain View Golf Course in Ewing. Offerings include Full Day Camp, Half Day Camp and Future Stars programs. During the camps, golfers are organized by current skill level and age. Instructors and counselors will lead the campers through a series of skills, games and exercises that will develop confidence and passion for the game of golf.
For more information, call (609) 520-0040 or visit http://www.mercercountygolfacademy.com/#!junior-programs/ctxn.
Visit Mercer County on the Web at www.mercercounty.org