MercerMe Community Calendar:
Events happening in and around Hopewell Valley
Welcome to the MercerMe Community Calendar!
To add to the calendar, please review our policy page at this link. Once you’re ready to submit the event, please click this link to enter details about your organization’s event.
- This event has passed.
Danielia Cotton’s Home for the Holidays
Dec 17, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday, December 17
- Danielia Cotton is a New York City based singer-songwriter originally from Hopewell, NJ. In 2010, Danielia was named Lilith Fair’s OurStage Local Talent Winner for NYC. Since then, she has shared the stage with the likes of Robert Cray, Bon Jovi, and Gregg Allman.
- In the review of her Rare Child album, The New York Times says this: “She’s a belter who can hold back or work her way up to a gospelly blues-rock shout, and in the songs she writes with her band’s brawny guitar riffs, she grapples with the road, salvation, holding on and letting go. ‘The truth will set you free, but it always feels like it tears you apart,’ she sings. She’s a throwback, but a gutsy one.”
- Her latest studio album, Good Day, is out now where music is sold.
- Advanced Ticket Price: $35-40 plus tax and fees
- Day of Show Ticket Price: $45 plus taxes and fees
Danielia Cotton’s childhood was spent on the Sourland Mountain in Hopewell, NJ. She is music legacy. Her mother and aunts were all professional vocalists and music was in her blood. Cotton started performing in her teens.
Early on she began veering from the gospel and jazz/blues of her mother and aunts finding greater allure in rock legends like, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, and Todd Rundgren and soul and R&B royalty like Stevie Wonder and Donnie Hathaway.
Cotton began crafting her own sound; an eclectic mix of the stuff that shaped her and the stuff that called her. Cotton’s magic is born of her ability to inhabit a song, to dwell in its rhythms and melodies, to live with the intricacies of its lyrical structure, and to emerge with an articulate proclamation of personal and social truths.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us!
Want to keep the news coming? Leave us a tip to make this financially possible!
You must log in to post a comment.