MercerMe Community Calendar:
Events happening in and around Hopewell Valley
Welcome to the MercerMe Community Calendar!
- This event has passed.
Food for Thought: “Julia” Film Plus Supper Club and Discussion
May 24, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, May 24
All staff, patrons, and talent are required to wear a mask inside the theater. As of 2022, all staff, patrons, and talent must show proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test. Please see our Health and Safety page for more information.
- Julia brings to life the legendary cookbook author and television superstar who changed the way Americans think about food, television, and even about women.
- After the film, join a panel of local, award-winning cookbook authors and culinary innovators for a lively conversation about how Julia Child’s legacy still impacts, inspires, and moves us forward today.
- Choose the “Supper Club” ticket option to enjoy a chef-inspired dish prepared by Stockton’s very own RSC Atelier. Details on the chef’s choice dinner and dessert to come, but please be advised there will be no substitutions for the meal. Meal includes coffee and one complimentary water or soda per guest.
- $50 for Supper Club tickets (floor tables only) – supper begins at 6:00pm
- $20 for Film+ tickets (banquets and all other seating) – film starts at 7:00pm
Using never-before-seen archival footage, personal photos, first-person narratives, and cutting-edge, mouth-watering food cinematography, the film traces Julia Child’s 12-year struggle to create and publish the revolutionary Mastering the Art of French Cooking (1961), which has sold more than 2.5 million copies to date, and her rapid ascent to become the country’s most unlikely television star. It’s the empowering story of a woman who found her purpose – and her fame – at 50, and took America along on the whole delicious journey.
Join us after the film for a discussion about how Julia Child’s legacy still impacts, inspires, and moves us forward today.
Discussion panelists to be announced.
Supper Club begins at 6:00pm. The film begins at 7:00pm.
Explore the wide and expansive breadth of gastronomic talent and influence found right here in the Delaware River Valley with our Supper Club menu, to be announced. Meal includes coffee and one complimentary water or soda per guest.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.