MercerMe Community Calendar:
Events happening in and around Hopewell Valley
- This event has passed.
Food for Thought: “The Oyster Farmers” Film Plus Supper Club and Discussion
April 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Oyster Farmers, a feature-length documentary, centers on coastal life in NJ, specifically the Barnegat Bay. The once prolific eastern oyster, an economic and cultural keystone, historically decimated, is poised to recapture its legacy. Oyster farmers in the Barnegat Bay lead a Baymen’s renaissance, cultivating a resurgence of the oyster, to restore its heritage.
The ethos of environmental stewardship, coastal culture, and sustainability is the driving force of the film, which aims to raise awareness of our lost oyster culture and to preserve our Baymen’s heritage.
Join us after the film for a discussion about the waterways across the Garden State, and how environmental activists and chefs are working together to sustain them.
Discussion panelists include:
- Kyle Gronostajski, Environmental Director of the Jetty Rock Foundation
- Chef Christopher Albrecht, The Ryland Inn
- Tim Dillingham, ED American Littoral Society
- Carolyn Klaube, Sourland Conservancy Stream Monitoring Program
Supper Club begins at 6:00pm. The film begins at 7:00pm.
The Supper Club menu, prepared by Chef Christopher Albrecht of The Ryland Inn, is yet to be determined. Please be advised there are no allergy substitutions for the chef’s choice dish. Meal includes coffee and one complimentary water or soda per guest.
Chef Christopher Albrecht was born and raised in Central New Jersey. His culinary style focuses on high quality, nutrient dense, and seasonal ingredients. Sourced from small family owned and operated farms and ranches, ingredients are delivered at the peak of flavor, and then combined with the attention to detail, integrity, and technique he has learned over the past thirty years.
All staff, patrons, and talent are required to wear a mask inside the theater. As of 2022, all staff, patrons, and talent must show proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test. Please see our Health and Safety page for more information.
- Explore how New Jersey environmental activists and chefs are working together to sustain the waterways of the Garden State with the film, The Oyster Farmers.
- After the film, join panelists Kyle Gronostajski (The Jetty Rock Foundation), Executive Chef Christopher Albrecht (The Ryland Inn), Tim Dillingham (The American Littoral Society), and Carolyn Klaube (Sourland Conservancy) in a lively conversation and learn how we can all be part of the solution.
- Choose the “Supper Club” ticket option to enjoy a sustainably sourced and deliciously prepared bay-to-bowl meal created by Executive Chef Christopher Albrecht of the famed Ryland Inn. Details on the chef’s choice dinner and dessert to come, but please be advised there will be no substitutions for the meal. Meal includes coffee and one complimentary water or soda per guest.
- $50 for Supper Club tickets (floor tables only) – supper begins at 6:00pm
- $20 for Film+ tickets (banquets and all other seating) – film starts at 7:00pm
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.