Welcome to MercerMe’s Community Calendar! By default, you will see a photo view of upcoming events. Click “view as” to switch to a monthly, weekly, or even a map-view to see what’s going on near you.
For those wishing to add to our calendar, please carefully read our policy page and then submit the details of your community organization’s event to get it listed.
- This event has passed.
Maple Sugaring Brunch
March 2 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
At sugar houses in spring, the delicious fragrance of boiling maple sap wafts upwards as the liquid is magically transformed into tasty maple syrup.
Come join us on March 2, Saturday morning and learn the folklore, history and science of creating this treat. We will stroll a short distance to the sugar maples on the Watershed Reserve, try our hand at tapping the trees and learn how the sugaring process happens.
The highlight of the morning is a delicious pancake brunch, served with real maple syrup.
Register for one of two sessions here: https://bit.ly/2T5WGYw
Did You Know?
- Forty gallons of sap makes one gallon of maple syrup.
- While Vermont is the biggest U.S. producer of the amber elixir, more than 80 percent of the world’s maple syrup comes from Canada.
- Maple syrup is graded as either light or dark, with the latter having stronger maple flavor.
- Sap is typically gathered in about 12-to-20 days when there are cold nights and warm days. Depending on where you live, this occurs when the temperatures are suitable during the months of February to March.
- Maple syrup is used in other products like butter, sugar, flavored sausage and bacon.
- A sugarbush is a group of Sugar Maple trees growing together.
Learn more at the event!
The Watershed Institute is dedicated to keeping Central New Jersey’s water clean, safe and healthy. Founded in 1949, The Watershed Institute protects and restores water and the environment through conservation, advocacy, science and education. For more information about the Watershed, www.thewatershed.org or call (609) 737-3735.