MercerMe Community Calendar:
Events happening in and around Hopewell Valley
Welcome to the MercerMe Community Calendar!
To add to the calendar, please review our policy page at this link. Once you’re ready to submit the event, please click this link to enter details about your organization’s event.
- This event has passed.
Pyrenesia & Alex Radus Band
Dec 9, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday, December 9
- Pyrenesia is an acoustic swing quartet founded on the banks of the Delaware River, combining original compositions and singer-songwriter melodies with the Django Reinhardt-inspired tradition of gypsy jazz.
- Alex Radus is known as a “sultry crooner” (City Paper) and “master guitarist” (Courier News), but his songwriting takes center stage, pairing whimsical and poignant storytelling with a genre-bending mix of Americana, swing, blues, folk and more.
- Pyrenesia and Alex Radus are bringing their combined musical talent to Hopewell Theater this December.
- Advanced Ticket Price: $20-30 plus tax and fees
- Day of Show Ticket Price: $30 plus taxes and fees
Pyrensia has performed at some of the area’s top venues and their album “Off-Beat Symphony” was named one of 2019’s top ten albums by NJ Spotlight. Prolific composers and performers, Pyrenesia released a follow-up EP “On and On” in 2021 and continues to deliver foot-stomping, dress-swirling, hand-clapping experiences to lift spirits and transport listeners to a musical landscape as vast as the Pyrenees mountains are high.
Alex Radus has toured the country extensively, recorded multiple albums, and earned awards, nominations, and critical acclaim for his songwriting, recording, and performing. Radus’ music has been featured on radio, TV, and film, including Adolescence, directed by Ashley Avis (Black Beauty). A staple of the eastern PA music scene, Radus is a frequent performer at the region’s best festivals and venues, including Musikfest, Zoellner Arts Center, Godfrey Daniels, Steelstacks, Hopewell Theater, World Cafe Live, and more.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us!
Want to keep the news coming? Leave us a tip to make this financially possible!
You must log in to post a comment.