MercerMe Community Calendar:
Events happening in and around Hopewell Valley
Welcome to the MercerMe Community Calendar!
- This event has passed.
“Somebody’s Daughter” A Play Written and Performed by Zara Phillips with Music by Richard Thompson
Oct 21, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Somebody’s Daughter is a one woman show based on Zara Phillip’s book of the same title. It features background music by Richard Thompson.
- Adopted as a baby in the 1960s, becoming a backing vocalist to well known bands in the 80s, and getting sober at 22, Zara takes us on her journey to uncover the truth about her history.
- The story is told with humor and no-holds-barred honesty about the complexity of having four parents, becoming a mother, and learning to navigate it all.
- Advanced Ticket Price: $25-30 plus tax and fees
- Day of Show Ticket Price: $35 plus taxes and fees
Zara Phillips is a singer-songwriter, author, and adoptee advocate.
In the 1980’s Zara sang with such bands as Bob Geldof, Matt Bianco, and David Essex.
She has spent many years talking to the mental health profession and adopted families about the lifelong impact of being adopted.
She has written and produced a documentary called Roots Unknown (2009), which won Best Homegrown at the NJ Film Festival and penned Mother Me (2008) and her latest Somebody’s Daughter (2018).
Zara co-wrote a song with Darryl Macdaniels from RUNDMC titled “I’m Legit” to bring awareness about adopted people’s right to obtain their original birth certificate in the U.S.
Zara’s first one-woman show Beneath My Father’s Sky won Best Direction at United Solo Festival in 2014. In 2015, she was given an Angel in Adoption Award in Washington D.C.
Her CD, Meditation & Kitkats, was produced by her husband, Richard Thompson (2021).
Zara’s new play Somebody’s Daughter, features Thompson’s background music. She enjoys touring with Richard Thompson singing harmony.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.