MercerMe Community Calendar:
Events happening in and around Hopewell Valley
- This event has passed.
April 8 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
All staff, patrons, and talent are required to wear a mask inside the theater. As of 2022, all staff, patrons, and talent must show proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test. Please see our Health and Safety page for more information.
- The New York Times called Willie Nile “one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to emerge from the New York scene in years.”
- His album Streets Of New York was hailed as “a platter for the ages” by UNCUT magazine. Rolling Stone listed The Innocent Ones as one of the “Top Ten Best Under-The-Radar Albums of 2011” and BBC Radio called it “THE rock ‘n’ roll album of the year.”
- Willie has toured across the U.S. with The Who and has sung with Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. As the induction program from the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame says: “His live performances are legendary.”
- Opening for Willie Nile is singer-songwriter Brad Ray!
- Advanced Ticket Price: $37.50-42 plus tax and fees
- Day of Show Ticket Price: $45 plus taxes and fees
Bono, Bruce Springsteen, Pete Townshend, Lou Reed, Lucinda Williams, Jim Jarmusch, and Little Steven are among those who have sung Willie Nile’s praises. His album, American Ride, won “Best Rock Album of the Year” at the Independent Music Awards. It appeared on over one hundred year-end Top Ten lists for 2013 and Bono called it, “One of the great guides to unraveling the mystery that is the troubled beauty of America.”
In November 2014 he released an album of piano-based songs, If I Was A River, to universal critical acclaim. “One of the most brilliant singer-songwriters of the past thirty years” said The New Yorker. No Depression raved “Willie Nile’s artistic renaissance continues unabated.”
His 2016 album World War Willie appeared on numerous year end top ten lists as did hid his live shows. As American Songwriter said “Nile cranks up the volume and tears into these tunes with the same hunger, passion and exuberance he displays in his legendary sweat-soaked shows.” World War Willie was voted “Album Of The Year” by Twangville Magazine and the song Forever Wild was named “Coolest Song In The World” by Little Steven’s Underground Garage. In 2017 he released the critically acclaimed album Positively Bob – Willie Nile Sings Bob Dylan.
His 12th studio album was just released called Children of Paradise and he is bringing his dynamic live show to audiences worldwide!
Opening for Willie Nile is singer-songwriter Brad Ray. Rome, Georgia native Brad Ray began playing guitar at the age of twelve. He honed his playing skills listening to a diverse palette of artists; Third Eye Blind, Prince, Whitesnake and Maxwell, just to name a few. Fast forward a couple years and Brad is studying at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA, where he really began to grow as a writer composing hundreds of songs and performing when he could fit it in between studies. In 2015 Brad launched his professional touring career. He has performed with Howie Day (“We Collide”), Paul Pfau, and Steve Everett of The Voice, as well as Sister Hazel, Hinder, Jon McLaughlin and Marc Scibilia, and XEB.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.