(See local updates below)
An Executive Order closing of schools, workplaces, gyms, casinos, social gatherings. and limiting non-essential business and restaurants was issued by the New Jersey Governor’s office this afternoon.
The Executive Order:
- Limits gatherings – 50 persons or fewer
- Closes all schools indefinitely (schools may remain open for provisions of food or other essentials)
- Closes casinos
- Closes racetracks
- Closes all centers of entertainment (movies, theaters, etc)
- Closes non-essential retail, recreational and entertainment businesses to cease daily operations from 8pm until 5am
- All restaurants, dining establishments, and food courts and bars are limited to offering food delivery and/or take-out services (see executive order for alcohol sales)
What is non-essential? The Executive Order defines “essential” as “grocery/food stores, pharmacies, medical supply stores, gas stations, healthcare facilities and ancillary stores within healthcare facilities.
FOR FULL TEXT OF EXECUTIVE ORDER, SEE THIS LINK.
Public Health Alert from Hopewell Township issued 3/16/2020:
“To protect against the coronavirus pandemic, NJ Governor Phil Murphy has declared the following:
ALL restaurants and bars will no longer be allowed to have dine-in customers after 8pm tonight Monday, March 16 until further notice. NO EXCEPTIONS! Take-out & delivery services will still be permitted.
Supermarkets and pharmacies will remain open, as well as gas stations and medical care.
All non-essential retail establishments must close from 8pm to 5am. During the day, these establishments may remain open as long as fewer than 50 people are there at one time, and the establishments take measures to assure that people are kept at least 6 feet apart.
This is an ever-changing situation. Hopewell Township Health Department will do its best to provide you with the most current guidance as we receive it from the State & CDC.
Thank you all & be well!”
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.