Nominations are sought for eight different categories: The Mayor’s Award for Economic or Community Development; New Large Business; New Small Business; Business Service; Residential Property; New Building/Renovation; Historic Preservation; and Environmentally Sustainable Practices.
- The Mayor’s Award for Economic or Community Development is given to a business, civic group, public official, or program that deserves special recognition for its outstanding and continual efforts on behalf of the community.
- The New Large Business Award recognizes a successful new business (start-up or relocation) established in Lawrence Township during the previous calendar year or the first half of the current calendar year.
- The New Small Business Award is given to a small employer, family, or individual business that makes a special contribution to Lawrence Township. This category targets a business with 50 or fewer employees that has opened or relocated during previous calendar year or the first half of the current calendar year
- A Business Service Award is presented to a business that has made a significant contribution to the Township’s business or civic community.
- A Residential Award is given to an individual or organization for building and/or restoring a single or multi-family property of note located within the Township’s residential areas.
- A New Building/Renovation Award recognizes a significant new commercial or institutional building or renovation project that enhances its surrounding neighborhood.
- The Podmore/Dwyer Historic Award celebrates a business, individual or community organization in Lawrence that promotes preservation of Lawrence Township history and/or has provided an effective educational avenue toward advancing knowledge of the township’s rich history.
- The Ralph Copleman Environmental Award recognizes a business, organization, community group, or individual for environmentally sustainable practices (i.e., minimizing impact on natural resources). This could include how they conduct business, the physical design of their offices or facilities, and/or the goods or services they produce or provide.
Completed forms should be sent to: Andrew Link, Township Business Advocate, Township of Lawrence, 2207 Lawrence Road, Lawrence Township NJ 08648, by fax to (609) 896-0412, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional forms may be downloaded at www.lawrencetwp.com. All nominations must be received by Friday, August 4, 2017.
We need your support.
If MercerMe is your go-to source for local news, please support us! Our readers and advertising partners are necessary to keep the news coming.
Hyperlocal, independent, reliable, and digital, MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. We’re community connected.
Click here to subscribe today!