Six occupants of a residence on Reed Road were awakened to fire alarms sounding, last night. The occupants were the male and female adult homeowners and their two juvenile children as well as an adult female family friend and her child who were sleeping over.
The Hopewell Township Police Department along with the Pennington Fire Department responded to a Reed Road address for a reported structure fire. Police Sergeant Joseph Giordano arrived on scene and observed flame and smoke coming from the two story residence.
All escaped safely.
The fire does not seem suspicious in nature and is believed to have originated in or around a wood burning stove inside the residence.
Responding agencies included the Pennington Fire Department, Hopewell Fire Department, Union Fire Company, Lawrenceville Fire Department, Pennington Road Fire Department, Upper Makefield Fire Department, and the Montgomery Fire Department as well as Signal 22 a volunteer fire support unit.
This incident remains under investigation by the Hopewell Township Police Department, Hopewell Valley Emergency Services, the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office and the Mercer County Fire Marshal’s Office. There were no injuries reported. The residence was deemed inhabitable and the residents were being assisted by family members.
We need your support.
If MercerMe is your go-to source for local news, please support us! Our readers and advertising partners are necessary to keep the news coming.
Hyperlocal, independent, reliable, and digital, MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. We’re community connected.
Click here to subscribe today!