COVID-19 Positive Cases as of 4/6
- Hopewell Township: 33 as of 4/6 (Up 8 since Friday) – 4 patients who had tested positive have now recovered
- Pennington Borough: 1 active case (as of 3/25 – nor further info available)
- Hopewell Borough: Information unavailable.
- Mercer County: 740 as of 4/6
Mercer County deaths: 19
- New Jersey: 41,090 as of 4/6
New Jersey negative tests: 47,942
New Jersey deaths: 1,003
MercerMe is very grateful to Rich Tunkel for helping us turn data into graphs. More and more information is becoming available and we will be continually updating and adding to this page as we get it.
- NJcovid19.com for State and County information
- For information prior to April 1, 2020, we referred to Assemblywoman Verlina Reynolds-Jackson’s Facebook page – she has been posting snapshots of the State website daily
- For Hopewell Township, we use the information provided on their official Facebook page, usually in videos.
- For Pennington Borough, the information was posted on their website 3/25. (Edited to reflect that the 3/25 info is still on the Pennington Borough website)
- Hopewell Borough has not released information about positive COVID-19 tests.
- Read this from northjersey.com for why some municipalities provide information and some don’t.
From Hopewell Township Committee Member Julie Blake in her April 1 video with Mayor McLaughlin here. She said that she wanted to share information from the Health Officer that: “the number of 20 really grossly underestimates the actual prevalence of the disease in our community. This is only lab-confirmed cases and you must be aware that symptomatic household members don’t get counted.”
She continued to explain that greater access to testing will provide better numbers but as of right now, people should expect the number to be much higher than reported.
This information is reported every weekday, usually between 5 and 6pm here
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.