COVID-19 Positive Cases
- Hopewell Township: 105 as of 8/7 **
- 8 deaths
- Pennington Borough: 19 as of 8/7
- Hopewell Borough: 6 as of 8/7
- Mercer County: 8,119 as of 8/9
- 580 deaths
- New Jersey: 184,773 as of 8/9
- 14,021 deaths
HT Facebook states: ** Case counts in New Jersey have ticked upward slightly this week. Uncontrolled spread in states around the country points to the need for continued vigilance on masking and social distancing. We have worked mightily to get this under control in NJ and don’t want to go backwards.
For more explanation of how statistics are determined, click here
MercerMe is very grateful to Rich Tunkel for helping us turn data into graphs. More and more information is becoming available and we will be continually updating and adding to this page as we get it.
- NJcovid19.com for State and County information
- For information prior to April 1, 2020, we referred to Assemblywoman Verlina Reynolds-Jackson’s Facebook page – she has been posting snapshots of the State website daily
- For Hopewell Township, we use the information provided on their official Facebook page.
- For Pennington and Hopewell boroughs, we use the information provided on the County website. We have noticed that the Hopewell Township numbers reported there vary widely from what the Township reports itself.
- Read this from northjersey.com for why some municipalities provide information and some don’t.