Explorations, an all volunteer program offering daytime learning experiences for seniors, has lined up seven exciting courses for residents of Hopewell Valley and neighboring communities. Classes begin Monday, October 8. Registration is open now until October 3. All classes will be held at the Pennington Presbyterian Church and are two hours long.
- These three courses will run for six weeks and begin at 1pm:
- Monday October 8, Freedom of Speech: Boston Tea Party to Today’s Headlines, Madeleine Mansier.
- Tuesday, October 9, Wit and Wisdom: Three Plays by G. B. Shaw, Larry Mansier.
- Wednesday October 11, Philosophy of Self or What Do You Have in Mind?, Lesley Cohen Lee.
- Six weeks beginning at 9:30am Friday, October 12, “This is my letter to the world,” Emily Dickinson’s Poetic Genius, Alfred Fittipaldi.
- Four weeks and beginning at 9:30am on Tuesday, October 9, Weird and Unusual American History, Stan Saperstein.
- Four weeks and beginning at 9:30am on Thursday, October 11, North American Chiefs, William Guthrie.
- Four weeks and beginning at 1pm on Thursday, Religion & Government in the Twenty-First Century, Joseph Nyce.
For detailed course descriptions, visit the Hopewell Valley Senior Foundation website at hvsfsenior.org.
All courses are open to senior residents of Hopewell Valley and neighboring communities. Fees are $40 for one course and $20 for each additional course. Checks should be made payable to the Hopewell Valley Senior Foundation (HVSF). Please mail the check, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, along with your class selections, to Rodney Newman, Treasurer, Hopewell Valley Senior Foundation, PO Box 567, Pennington, NJ 08534.
All course fees go the Hopewell Valley Senior Foundation to pay for administrative costs and class materials. Any funds remaining after expenses will be used to finance programs and projects benefitting Hopewell Valley seniors. Reminder, the deadline for applications is October 3. Classes begin October 8. Explorations is underwritten by the Hopewell Valley Senior Foundation and sponsored by Hopewell Valley Senior Services.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us!
Want to keep the news coming? Leave us a tip to make this financially possible!
You must log in to post a comment.