The fire on Model Avenue in Hopewell Borough on Tuesday 17th has been found, in an investigation by Detective Tulko of the Hopewell Township Police Department and Specialist Andrew Fosina of the Hopewell Valley Emergency Services Unit, to be accidental in nature.
However, it appears that the structure had suffered a frozen exterior drain pipe due to the recent frigid temperatures and a contractor working for the homeowner used a blow torch to defrost the frozen exterior pipe. While using the torch the exterior wall of the residence caught fire and the fire extended slightly into the interior of the residence.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.