COVID-19 Update: Monday marked a major milestone, as the Public Health Emergency was lifted, two years after the first COVID-19 patient was identified in New Jersey. We continue to observe declining transmission rates in Hopewell Valley. As mandates are easing, the Health Department wants to remind residents to remain flexible and be mindful that everyone is experiencing this differently. Some are excited, others are worried, and some remain uncertain. This is a time of transition for our community and also a snapshot in time. We know the virus will continue to adapt and the Health Department will be here to provide support in making informed decisions moving forward. As always, prevention strategies to keep safe and care for others include:
- Choosing outdoor gatherings when possible
- Increasing indoor ventilation
- Masking and physical distancing at crowded indoor settings
- Staying home when sick
- Testing before seeing people who are vulnerable to severe illness
- Remaining up-to-date with recommended vaccinations
Submitted by Hopewell Township
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us!
Want to keep the news coming? Leave us a tip to make this financially possible!
You must log in to post a comment.