Hopewell Township Health Happenings contains news and events from Hopewell Township’s Health Department regarding the health of the community.
Green Cleaning Wednesday, July 18, 10:00am, HV Senior Center, 395 Reading Street, Pennington. Nobody wants to be exposed to toxic substances while they are simply doing their household cleaning. And we all want to do what we can to protect the earth. But when it comes to cleaning products, how do you know what is harmful and what is not? We could all use a little help reading product labels; and when we switch to something less toxic, how can we be sure it will be just as effective? Joann Held, of the Hopewell Valley Green Team, will be sharing answers to these questions and asking you to share your Green Cleaning tips.
The Short of It – Doris Lessing Wednesday July 18, 2:00 pm, Mercer County Library-Hopewell, 245 Pennington Titusville Road, Pennington. The short story — short in length, but full of content! Join our newly formed discussion group, which has a focus on the short story. Each month we’ll read and discuss three short stories by the same author. This month’s author is Doris Lessing and her short stories, “Through the Tunnel,” “Debbie and Julie,” and “No Witchcraft for Sale.” No registration necessary.
Coffee Connections: From Divorce Lawyer to Romance Author…Following Your Dream Monday, July 23, 10:00am, Hopewell Borough Hall, 88 East Broad Street, Hopewell. Divorce lawyer and romance writer, Maria Imbalzano, will take you through her journey from law school, to representing highly contentious and emotional divorce clients, to her current writing and speaking career. How she maneuvered through working in a predominantly male world, highs, lows, stresses, successes and balancing family with career will energize, motivate and inspire you to take that plunge, dive into that hobby, transition from one career to another—in other words, to follow your dream. Maria grew up in Hamilton and lives in Lawrenceville with her husband. She has two grown daughters and a brand new granddaughter. Her third novel, “Sworn to Forget” will be released July 18th. It is the first of a four-book series published by The Wild Rose Press. Registration is requested; please call Liz (609) 537-0257 by July 16th. Light refreshments & coffee will be provided.
Babysitting Class, Wednesday, August 22 from 9am-4pm at the Hopewell Township Municipal Building. Fee $35.00.Call 609-394-4153 or visit www.capitalhealth.org/events to register.
Blood Pressure/Blood Glucose Screenings:
- Tuesday, July 3, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Blood Pressure/Blood Glucose screening (fasting or 2 hour post for accurate result). Senior Center, 395 Reading Street, Pennington. Bring your own machine and we can make sure it is working properly.
- Tuesday, July 17, 10:00 a.m. – 12 noon, Blood Pressure Blood Glucose screening (fasting or 2 hour post for accurate result). Lower Level, Hopewell Township Municipal Building. Bring your own blood pressure machine and we can make sure it is working properly.
- Mondays and Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m., Healthy Bones: Ongoing classes to build bone strength and prevent osteoporosis. Court Room, Hopewell Township Municipal Building. Space is limited. Call 537-0236 to sign up and confirm enrollment in the class.
Hopewell Township Health Department, 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Road, Titusville NJ 08560 609-737-0120 Vital records 609-737-0120 x 684 www.hopewelltwp.org .
Link to Health Services in Mercer County
- Greater Mercer Public Health Partnership http://healthymercer.org/
- Capital Health http://www.capitalhealth.org
- Penn Medicine Princeton Health http://www.princetonhcs.org
- Robert Wood Johnson Hospital http://www.rwjhamilton.org
- St. Francis Medical Center http://www.stfrancismedical.com
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.