The winners of this year’s Hopewell Valley Arts Council 3rd Annual Amazing Pumpkin Carve have been announced, after 40 artists and 10 community partner organizations carved 100-150 pound pumpkins for a 5-day exhibition, continuing through Sunday October 15.
The winners for 2017 are:
- Best in Show: “Escape” by Eric Schultz (see feature photo)
- Best Carving: “Astro Kid Vs.the Space Lizard ” by Daniel Clark
- Best Carving: (Untitled) by John Goeke
- Most Original Design: “Medusa” by Curtis May
- Most Creative Use of Materials: “Joker” by Sarah Bernotas
- Most Humorous: “Sushi” by Charlie Yeh
- Best at Night: “Howl-o-ween” by Susan Roseman
- Hopewell Valley Arts Council Choice Award: “Clown Infestation” by Jennifer Stevens
- Community Partner: (Untitled) by Anne Nixon Ellery, carving for FoHVOS
- Honorable Mention: “Mixed Emotions” by Tom Cook
- Honorable Mention: “Crust Pumpkin” by Jonathan Conner
- Honorable Mention: “Swinging at the Moon” Jen Ghannam, carving for Hopewell Valley Youth Chorale
- Honorable Mention: “Heidi Troll Klum” by Aleece Davis
The Amazing Pumpkin Carve’s last day is Sunday October 2017. At 2pm, the Arts Council will be holding a live auction, at newly named Woolsey Park, giving event goers the opportunity to own their own ephemeral work of art. For details and hours, please see the Hopewell Valley Arts Council’s “Plan Your Visit” page.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us!
Want to keep the news coming? Leave us a tip to make this financially possible!
You must log in to post a comment.