The following is a message from Lawrence Township:
Recycling is scheduled for Monday, March 27.
Spring Egg Hunt: Come out and celebrate spring at the Lawrence Township Police Department’s Egg Hunt on April 8, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at Central Park. See the flyer attached for details
Upcoming Recycling Event: The Mercer County Improvement Authority is sponsoring a Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Electronics Recycling Event on Saturday, April 8th between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the Dempster Fire School at 350 Lawrence Station Road. See attached flyer for more information.
Memorial Day Parade: Mark your calendars for the annual Memorial Day Parade which will be held on Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. After the parade, a memorial service will be held at Lawrence Veterans Park. If you are interested in participating in the parade, go to the our website for the participation form: www.lawrencetwp.com.
Dog License Renewal: January was dog license renewal month. We will continue to accept applications through the month of March. Beginning April 1, there will be a penally fee assessed. All dogs seven (7) months and older must be licensed. For your convenience an application for licensing your dog has been attached. For questions or additional information about licenses, please call the Clerk’s office at 609-844-7000.
- NJDOT Project – Route 206 Bridges over Stony Brook: Please be advised that NJDOT will be completing repairs to bridges over the Stony Brook along US Route 206 just south of Quaker Road in Princeton. A detour is required to complete this project. Construction is anticipated to occur between March 2017 and December 2017 with a detour between July 2017 and October of 2017. During the detour US Route 206 will be closed to all traffic. In addition, night time work (6pm to 11pm Monday – Saturday) is anticipated while the detour is in place.
- NJDOT Project Continues – Deck Replacement and Resurfacing of I-295 Ramps to Route 1: The NB ramp (towards Quakerbridge Mall and Princeton) is open; however, the ramp to Route 1 SB (towards the Brunswick Circle and Trenton) will remain closed for approximately eight weeks. Southbound Route 1 traffic is being detoured on I-295 SB Exit 65A (Sloan Avenue) in order to U-turn and travel NB back to Exit 67B to access Route 1 southbound. Please use caution in this area.
- The Route #1 construction project is continuing as expected. Caution should be used along this stretch of roadway and when entering and exiting the Brunswick Circle.
Brush and Branch Collection
- The week of March 27 is Zone 4 – Yard waste must not be placed at the curb prior to your designated collection week. Residents may place brush at the curb the weekend before their scheduled collection week.
- Yard waste and vegetative materials shall not be placed in an area of the street greater than four (4) feet in height. All branches shall be no greater than 5 feet in length.
- Tree limbs larger than 8 inches in diameter may not be disposed of through curbside collection.
- Stumps, dirt, grass, sod, pressure treated wood, stones, plywood, and construction material will not be collected.
- Yard waste shall not be placed within 10 feet from the nearest storm drain outlet.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Department of Public Works at 609-587-1894.
Lawrence Township Eco-Waste Collection Program: Lawrence Township continues to offer an optional recycling program that allows residents the opportunity to compost their organic waste. Removing organic materials from the waste stream will reduce the amount of trash that is taken to the landfill. According to the EPA, food scraps and yard waste make up 20 to 30 percent of the waste stream. If you are interested, please complete the enrollment form: http://lawrencetwp.com/pw-organicwaste.html
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.