School may be out for for summer but a lot is happening inside Lawrence Township Public School (LTPS) buildings.
- Ceilings are being replaced in Ben Franklin Elementary.
- Rooms 101 and 105 in Lawrence High School have been gutted and asbestos removed from underneath the casework. Installation of the science labs has begun.
- The turf field is being installed.
- Flooring is being replaced throughout the buildings.
- Installation of air conditioning is complete in Lawrence High School’s auditorium, and is currently being installed in Lawrence Middle School’s gymnasium as well as all of the elementary schools.
- Students are attending the district’s Extended School Year (ESY) program at Ben Franklin Elementary.
- The Township Recreation Department is operating summer camps throughout the schools.
“We get asked all the time, ‘Are you closed?’ No, we’re just the opposite. This is when all the work gets done for September 1st in anticipation of the kids coming back. It’s a very active place. If you need anything over the summer, we’re here. Give a call,” said Thomas Eldridge, Lawrence Township Public Schools Business Administrator/Board Secretary.
News idea for Lawrence Township and Lawrenceville? Email Angela Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org).