Nominations are sought for eight different categories: The Mayor’s Award for Economic or Community Development; New Large Business; New Small Business; Business Service; Residential Property; New Building/Renovation; Historic Preservation; and Environmentally Sustainable Practices.
- The Mayor’s Award for Economic or Community Development is given to a business, civic group, public official, or program that deserves special recognition for its outstanding and continual efforts on behalf of the community.
- The New Large Business Award recognizes a successful new business (start-up or relocation) established in Lawrence Township during the previous calendar year or the first half of the current calendar year.
- The New Small Business Award is given to a small employer, family, or individual business that makes a special contribution to Lawrence Township. This category targets a business with 50 or fewer employees that has opened or relocated during previous calendar year or the first half of the current calendar year
- A Business Service Award is presented to a business that has made a significant contribution to the Township’s business or civic community.
- A Residential Award is given to an individual or organization for building and/or restoring a single or multi-family property of note located within the Township’s residential areas.
- A New Building/Renovation Award recognizes a significant new commercial or institutional building or renovation project that enhances its surrounding neighborhood.
- The Podmore/Dwyer Historic Award celebrates a business, individual or community organization in Lawrence that promotes preservation of Lawrence Township history and/or has provided an effective educational avenue toward advancing knowledge of the township’s rich history.
- The Ralph Copleman Environmental Award recognizes a business, organization, community group, or individual for environmentally sustainable practices (i.e., minimizing impact on natural resources). This could include how they conduct business, the physical design of their offices or facilities, and/or the goods or services they produce or provide.
Completed forms should be sent to: Andrew Link, Township Business Advocate, Township of Lawrence, 2207 Lawrence Road, Lawrence Township NJ 08648, by fax to (609) 896-0412, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional forms may be downloaded at www.lawrencetwp.com. All nominations must be received by Friday, August 4, 2017.