The following email was sent to Hopewell Valley Regional School District families today:
Dear HVRSD Families:
Since my last correspondence we are tracking a number of COVID-19 positive cases. Over the past week we have had staff and student cases in all 6 of our school buildings. We have 14 new positive cases that are confirmed and are still awaiting word on some possible cases (pending tests).In an effort to make sure that the community has the most up to date status of cases, please refer to the district website’sHVRSD COVID Dashboard. Moving forward, this page will be updated as cases come in. Principals will continue to send Health alerts as they learn of cases in specific buildings and I will continue to update the community periodically as well.
PLEASE NOTE: If you, your child or family members living in the household are experiencingsymptomswe are asking that those students/staff not attend school. Additionally they should stay home if:
- They have tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19.
- They are awaiting test results (even if there has been a negative rapid test).
- Someone in your household is being tested for COVID-19 due to illness or has COVID-like symptoms (they may return if test results are negative).
- They are exhibiting any COVID-19 compatible symptoms
- Close contact has occurred with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Potential exposure to a person with COVID-19 has occurred
- They have traveled to an area with high levels of COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days.
We appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant in your approach to dealing with this health concern.
Rosetta D. Treece, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Editors Note: For the count of cumulative COVID cases in the Township, click here.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.