The following letter was sent to Hopewell Valley Regional School District families today:
Dear Hopewell Families:Earlier today, we informed parents about a positive COVID case at the Stony Brook School. The last day the student was in school was Monday, November 9. Our initial investigation indicates that this case is contained; however, following our District protocols, the Stony Brook School will transition to Full Remote Learning for all students on Friday, November 13, 2020. No students or staff will be allowed in the building until Monday, November 16, 2020. The return to school date will be confirmed when contact tracing is completed.ALL OTHER HVRSD SCHOOLS WILL REMAIN OPEN.
We need your assistance during this public health emergency to keep us all safe. Please adhere to the following guidelines:Parents of all in-person students MUST complete the daily symptom form in OnCourse or on the HVRSD app. We will continue to temperature screen students each morning.
- Failure to complete the daily screening will result in exclusion from school.
- If your child has anyCOVID symptoms, do not send him/her to school.
- If your child exhibitsCOVID symptomswhile at school, he/she will be excluded for 10 days, unless cleared by a physician.
- Practice social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart) at all times – including bus stops and playgrounds;
- Wear a mask while on school property – including playgrounds after school;
- If your child hasCOVID symptoms, please contact your doctor and school nurse*.
- If your family is quarantining due to possible exposure, please inform your school nurse*. *All information is confidential.
HVRSD Notification ProtocolsNotification of a confirmed or suspected case in your child’s school:
- Email sent immediately from the building principal to all families in that school notifying them of a confirmed or suspected case. Personal information of the suspected or confirmed case is private and will not be shared.
- Email sent from the District with school closure information based on the Department of Health’s initial investigation.
Possible exposure notification:
- Please note, as per the new CDC guidelines for close contact, contact tracing has changed and may take additional time to complete. Exposure is now defined as within 6 feet for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more in 24 hours.
- If you are identified as a contact through the Department of Health tracing process, you will be contacted directly by the Department of Health with further details.
RESOURCES with updated linksa. NJDOH COVID-19 Information for Communities and the General Public:https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_community.shtmlb. Get the Facts about Coronavirus:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.htmlc. Symptoms of COVID-19:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.htmld. Testing:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/index.htmle. How to Protect Yourself:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.htmlf. What to Do if You Are Sick:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/index.html
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.