Hopewell Valley Central High School has evacuated the building and alerted its student community of a fire in the building. According the faculty, at 11:55am, smoke was seen coming from the roof of the 300-wing. The fire alarm activated and students were evacuated. The small fire was related to the new roof installation. Students were expected to remain outside for approximately 30 minutes and will return after emergency services clears the area.
UPDATED: At approximately 12:50pm, student returned to the building.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.