All Clear After Gas Leak Scare at Hopewell Elementary

Artwork by http://www.emilymuschinske.com

Hopewell Elementary indicates that Hopewell Valley Emergency Services and the gas company have determined that the gas smell, reported earlier today, was due to a pressure relief valve and it has been repaired.

At approximately 10:15 this morning, Hopewell Elementary Principal David Friedrich was alerted to the smell of natural gas coming from one classroom. As a precautionary measure, the school was evacuated and emergency services called.

Students and staff have been cleared to re-enter the building however due to the evacuation, the PARCC assessment will be rescheduled.

If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.

To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.