SHARE

Hopewell Elementary indicates that Hopewell Valley Emergency Services and the gas company have determined that the gas smell, reported earlier today, was due to a pressure relief valve and it has been repaired.

At approximately 10:15 this morning, Hopewell Elementary Principal David Friedrich was alerted to the smell of natural gas coming from one classroom. As a precautionary measure, the school was evacuated and emergency services called.

Students and staff have been cleared to re-enter the building however due to the evacuation, the PARCC assessment will be rescheduled.

SHARE
Previous articleGas Odor Detected at Hopewell Elementary School
Next articleArmed Robbery at Ewing Gas Station, Police Searching for Suspect
Mary Galioto
Mary Galioto is the founder, publisher and editor of MercerMe. Originally from Brooklyn, Mary has progressively moved deeper and deeper into New Jersey, settling in the heart of the state: Mercer County. Formerly the author of an embarrassingly informal blog, Mary is a lifelong writer and asker of questions and was even mentioned, albeit briefly, in the New York Times and Washington Post. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English from SUNY Binghamton and a Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall Law School. In her free time, Mary fills her life with excessive self-reflection, creative endeavors, and photographing mushrooms. Mary also works as the PR Coordinator at the Hopewell Valley Arts Council, serves on the volunteer Board of Trustees of the Lawrence Hopewell Trail (LHT), holds a seat on the Hopewell Borough Board of Health, and is a member of the Hopewell Valley Municipal Alliance.

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.