Mercer County’s 12 municipalities are home to citizens of many ethnicities and countries of origin so, celebration of this, County Executive Brian M. Hughes and the Board of Chosen Freeholders will be presenting the 5th annual Cultural Festival & Food Truck Rally.
The festival will be held on Saturday, June 20, 2015, at the Mercer County Park Festival Grounds in West Windsor from 11am to 7pm, and will celebrate diverse cultures through live music and traditional dance performances, food trucks and beer garden, art demonstrations, heritage crafters, activities for children, American Indians with handmade tepees and the Central Jersey Antique Car Show.
The lineup of performers is as follows:
- 11:00 Eletfa, Hungarian folk band
- 11:30 Csurdongolo, Hungarian folk dance ensemble
- 11:45 Fiesta Flamenca, Spanish dance group
- 12:15 The Shantys, Irish folk band
- 1:00 Shen Yun Productions, Chinese Lion dancers
- 1:30 Mariachi Nuevo Mexico, Mexican mariachi band
- 2:30 Egun Omode, African dance and drums
- 3:00 Across the Street, bluegrass folk band
- 3:45 Shishya School of Performing Arts, Bharathanatyam dance
- 4:15 Janosik Polish dancers
- 4:30 Caribbean Extravaganza Steel Drum Band
- 5:15 Ballet Folklorico Peru, Peruvian dance troupe
- 6:00 Swing Sabroso, salsa band
Admission and parking are free. In case of rain, the event will be postponed to the following day, June 21.
For more information, or if you are interested in being a vendor, please call the Mercer County Division of Culture and Heritage at (609) 278-2712 or e-mail email@example.com.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.