The following email was sent to Timberlane Middle School families Tuesday, January 4:
With the increase in positive COVID19 cases, in collaboration with the Department of Health, we decided that Timberlane Middle School will transition to virtual instruction for our students, starting tomorrow, January 5 through January 7.
- We will follow our typical daily schedule and our normal A / B Day Rotation
- All Zoom links for the class sessions will be found in OnCourse Resources
- Attendance will be taken during all class periods
- Students will be required to log in for FLEX, and attendance will be taken. Teachers will be available to provide academic support during Flex
- Please be sure to continue to notify our school nurses about any positive COVID19 test results.
- Technical support will be available to our students throughout virtual instruction. Please contact our Technology Department at email@example.com with any concerns and visit the Technology Academy to answer many of your frequently asked questions.
- Please refer to the TMS/CHS How-To if you need assistance with any Tech Items
- Additional social-emotional support is available for students through our counseling department and child study team. Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s counselor and/or case manager if support is needed. The emotional and mental health of our students is always a priority.
- Please note that our students should adhere to the following expectations for Zoom Sessions:
Student Expectations for Zoom Meets
- Use your district-issued Chromebook
- Have your camera on throughout the class meeting, showing your face
- Have your audio off upon joining the Zoom session
- Sit in an area where you will not be backlit so we can see you
- Select a location with minimal distraction
- Select an appropriate background to attend Zoom meetings
- No hats/sunglasses
- Please be in a sitting position (no lounging, laying, etc)
- Wearing appropriate clothing (no pajamas, blankets)
- Be on time and be prepared for class
- Cell Phones off and away
- No eating
As always, thank you for your continued support and flexibility.
Principal, Timberlane Middle School
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.