More than forty local artists brought their A game to transform massive pumpkins into incredible works of art for the fifth annual Amazing Pumpkin Carve, an event hosted by the Hopewell Valley Arts Council that ran from October 11 to October 14 at Woolsey Park in Titusville, NJ.
The judges had their own work “cut out” for them selecting the best of some very incredible sculptures.
Here are the winners for 2019:
- Best in Show: “Webbed” by Caroline Hall
- Best Carving: “Octo-Pumpkin” by Jessica Kruscavage
- Most Original Design: “Fibonacci to …” by Lenora Kandiner & Tim Cresson
- Most Creative Use of Materials: “Morocco-O’ Lantern” by Anne Nixon-Ellery
- Funniest: “The Mask” by Michael Davies
- Best Use of Electricity: “Gourd Devotion” by Patrick Pasquito
- Scariest: “Good and Evil” by Kathleen Sheehan
- HV Arts Council’s Pick: “Monster in the Closet” by Aleece Davis & Jill Thomas
- Honorable Mention: “Hallows’ Eve Serpent” by Jeff Brown
- Honorable Mention: “Mmm… Brains” by Eric Schultz
- Honorable Mention: “S.S. Souless” by Jennifer Stevens
- Honorable Mention: “Bite of the Irish” by Darrell Tuomari
- Honorable Mention: “Halloween Party” by John Woodward
For more information about this event and the Hopewell Valley Arts Council, please see www.hvartscouncil.org.