This information is updated daily here and is summarized on MercerMe’s front page. The Governor and other State and local officials continue to strongly urge people to stay home and maintain social distance (at least 6 feet) from any non-family members.
COVID-19 Positive Cases as of 4/2
– Hopewell Township: 21 active cases (up 1 since 4/1)
– Pennington Borough: 1 active case (as of 3/25)
– Hopewell Borough: Information unavailable.
– Mercer County: 386 cases – 4 deaths
– New Jersey: 25,590 cases – 537 deaths
MercerMe is very grateful to Rich Tunkel for helping us turn data into graphs. More and more information is becoming available and we will be continually updating and adding to this page as we get it.
- NJcovid19.com for State and County information
- For information prior to April 1, 2020, we referred to Assemblywoman Verlina Reynolds-Jackson’s Facebook page – she has been posting snapshots of the State website daily
- For Hopewell Township, we used the information provided on their official Facebook page, usually in videos. (Not enough info to graph yet)
- For Pennington Borough, the information was posted on their website but has since been removed. (Not enough info to graph yet)
- Hopewell Borough has not released information about positive COVID-19 tests. (Not enough info to graph yet)
Caveat from Hopewell Township Committee Member Julie Blake in her April 1 video with Mayor McLaughlin here. She said that she wanted to share information from the Health Officer that: “the number of 20 really grossly underestimates the actual prevalence of the disease in our community. This is only lab-confirmed cases and you must be aware that symptomatic household members don’t get counted.”
She explained that greater access to testing will provide better numbers but as of right now, people should expect the number to be much higher than reported.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.