The Hopewell Harvest Fair is always a day of fun for the entire family. This year, the 29th Annual Hopewell Harvest Fair will be on Saturday, September 26, 2015 (rain date: Sunday, 9/27) on the grounds of Hopewell Elementary School on Princeton Avenue in Hopewell, NJ from 10am–4pm.
Here’s a sampling of Harvest Fair fun:
- Activities for kids of all ages: Full-day Pony/wagon rides, a petting zoo, games, inflatables, make-your-own scarecrows, face-painting, sand art, games, and more!
- Old-fashioned country fun: A bake-off, homegrown vegetable displays, and a straw maze to explore!
- Entertainment all day: Performances by the Hopewell Valley Central High School Marching Band, local bands and much more! Visit our website for the line-up.
- Contests for all: Kids’ art and lego, photography, doggie dress-up, and the bake-off. Visit our website for more details.
- Live scavenger hunt: Find Freddy and his friends at our unique live scavenger hunt! We are in need of VOLUNTEERS to serve as our living clues – visit www.tinyurl.com/findfreddy to sign up.
- Farmers’ market: Flowers and produce from many of our local farms will be for sale.
- Business & Exhibitors Alley: A chance to learn more about many local businesses and local non-profit organizations, including those committed to sustainability at “Green Lane.”
. . . And much more, including local food vendors and a crafters’ tent!
The Hopewell Harvest Fair is a fabulous event that brings together residents of the Hopewell Valley each year. It is also a fundraiser for a community grant program that provides support for nonprofit organizations doing important work in the Hopewell Valley. A percentage of all proceeds from the Fair go directly to the program. Since its inception, almost 30 years ago, over $200,000 has been distributed to deserving local groups. Your attendance at the Fair will help ensure that funds will again be dispersed this year. Nonprofit organizations wishing to apply for 2015 grants can now find applications at the Hopewell Public Library or online at http://www.hopewellharvestfair.org/community-grants/. Applications are due by October 16th.
Interested in volunteering at the Fair? It’s a fun and easy way to give back to your community. Email email@example.com to sign up for a two-hour shift. (Students welcome!)
To learn more about the activities and contests at the Hopewell Harvest Fair, look for the printed Almanac around town, visit www.hopewellharvestfair.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.