The Pennington Business and Professional Association and the Hopewell Business Association have partnered with Capital Health Hospital to launch the second annual “Hope is in the Bag” campaign.
From October 9 through 24, the local businesses will promote awareness of breast cancer while raising funds for patients undergoing treatment at the nationally accredited Capital Health Center for Comprehensive Breast Care. Donations from “Hope is in the Bag” will serve to enhance supportive services provided to local women fighting breast cancer including wigs, bra, and prosthetic fittings and a Survivors Support Group.
After a successful inaugural run in October 2014, “Hope is in the Bag” has nearly doubled to include 33 businesses in both Pennington and Hopewell Borough. Across the two week campaign, community members can attend 15 unique shopping, dining and creative events while enjoying ongoing promotions at participating businesses.
The first event was held on Friday October 9, at Flutter Boutique in Pennington, as a kick-off to the two-week campaign.
“This campaign demonstrates the strength and influence of local businesses within the community,” said Linda Martin, owner of Flutter Boutique and President of the Pennington Business & Professional Association. “As a united group of business owners and community members, we are able to see the immediate impact of the campaign. The women we support through Hope is in the Bag are our customers, our neighbors, our friends, our family.”
Some highlight events include:
- Art with a Heart, a children’s art making event, at Art Sparks in Hopewell Boro on Friday October 16 from 5pm-7:30pm (click here for details and reregistration);
- Save Second Base on Friday October 16 from 4pm-8pm at Sticks and Stones Toy Shop and Beth Ann Design Studio in Hopewell Boro for snacks, champagne, photography exhibit and 5% of all proceeds to be donated to Hope is in the Bag (click here for FaceBook event page);
- Open House at The Front Porch on Saturday October 17 from 10am-5pm;
- Create Hope, three separate art making sessions, at The Painter’s Loft on Saturday October 17 (click here for details and registration)
- Breast Night Ever at Twine. in Hopewell Boro on Saturday October 17 from 5pm-8pm with desserts from The Gingered Peach, sparkling wine, surprises… just your regular Breast Night Ever;
- Ride for Hope, bike and lunch, with Sourland Cycles on Sunday October 18 from 9am-11am (check out here for details and registration);
- Pop-Up Shops, shopping event, at Twirl Toy Store in Pennington on Thursday October 22 from 10am-7pm;
- Brothers Moon Events, dining for a cause in Hopewell Boro, 10% to Hope is in the Bag
- October 9-23: Pink Cupcakes, proceeds from the sales of cupcakes and 10% specially marked menu items/selection and or special menus for lunch
- Thursday October 15: dinner with Jess Niederer of Chickadee Creek Farm
- Friday, October 16: dinner with Alan Kaufman of Shibumi Farm
- Friday, October 23 Dinner with Dor Mullen of The Suppers Programs
- Thursday, October 29: Cooking with Allie O’Brien of the Garden State Community Kitchen
For the full event calendar and for “enter to win” events, visit www.capitalhealth.org/hopeinthebag.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.