After ongoing analysis of traffic operations and crash history that exists at the Pennington Circle on Route 31 in Hopewell Township, NJ, the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) will be hosting a “Pre-Construction Public Information Center” to inform the community and community stakeholders of the proposed plan for construction.
The session will be held on Monday, June 29, 2015, between 4:30-7:30 at the Hopewell Township Municipal Building at 201 Washington Crossing-Pennington Road in Hopewell. NJDOT encourages individuals to actively participate by providing comments at the meeting or by mail or email. There will be exhibits that will illustrate the proposed changes and NJDOT staff and the design consultant will be available to answer questions.
According to the NJDOT, proposed improvements include:
- Striping improvements to better delineate lane use within the circle;
- Improved advanced signing and signing within the circle;
- Two traffic metering signals to provide more gaps for traffic entering the circle — one north of the circle and one south of the circle;
- Truck aprons at the north and south ends of the circle;
- Pavement within the project limits to be milled and resurfaced;
- Drainage improvements to reduce the flow onto travel lanes;
- Upgrading existing guide rail to current standards.
NJDOT predicts that there will be some traffic impacts during construction, namely anticipated shoulder closings, temporary lane closures and moving operations. No detours will be necessary. Construction is expect to be substantially completed by October 2015.
For more information, you can contact Kimberly Nance, Regional Manager, Office of Community Relations, New Jersey Department of Transportation by phone at (609) 530-2110 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.