This letter was sent by Superintendent Dr. Thomas Smith to Hopewell Valley Regional School District families Monday September 28:
Dear Hopewell Families:This evening we notified Toll Gate Grammar families and staff of a confirmed COVID case. Based on our initial discussions with the Department of Health, we believe this case is limited to Toll Gate Grammar. Following our District protocols, Toll Gate Grammar will transition to Full Remote Learning for all students on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 29 and 30. The Y before and care program at Toll Gate only is cancelled during this time. No students or staff will be allowed in the building until Thursday morning, October 1, 2020. ALL OTHER HVRSD SCHOOLS WILL REMAIN OPEN.
To keep us all safe, we need your assistance during this public health emergency. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Parents of all in-person students MUST complete the daily symptom form in OnCourse or on the HVRSD app.
- We will continue to temperature screen students each morning.
- Failure to complete the daily screening will result in exclusion from school.
- If your child has anyCOVID symptoms, do not send him/her to school.
- If your child exhibitsCOVID symptomswhile at school, he/she will be excluded for 10 days, unless cleared by a physician.
- If your child hasCOVID symptoms, please contact your doctor and school nurse*.
- If your family is quarantining due to possible exposure, please inform your school nurse*. *All information is confidential.
HVRSD Notification ProtocolsNotification of a confirmed or suspected case in your child’s school:
- An email will be sent immediately from the building principal to all families in that school notifying them of a confirmed or suspected case. Personal information of the suspected or confirmed case is private and will not be shared.
- An email will be sent from the District with school closure information based on the Department of Health’s initial investigation.
Possible exposure notification:
- If your child has been identified as having been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case, you will be contacted by the Department of Health. Contact is defined as: within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes.
- If you are identified as a contact through the Department of Health tracing process, you will be contacted directly by the Department of Health within 24-48 with further details.
We appreciate your assistance to keep our schools safe.Sincerely,
Thomas A. Smith, Ed.D.Superintendent of Schoolsthomassmith@hvrsd.org
RESOURCES with updated linksa. NJDOH COVID-19 Information for Communities and the General Public:https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_community.shtmlb. Get the Facts about Coronavirus:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.htmlc. Symptoms of COVID-19:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.htmld. Testing:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/index.htmle. How to Protect Yourself:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.htmlf. What to Do if You Are Sick:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/index.html