Hopewell Township Health Happenings contains news and events from Hopewell Township’s Health Department regarding the health of the community.
HEADACHES: When Over-the-Counter Medicines Aren’t Enough. Wednesday, September 5, 2018 | 5:30 pm at Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell NJ PURE Conference Center, One Capital Way, Pennington, NJ 08534. We all get headaches. But sometimes, over-the-counter pain relievers are not enough. Learn more from neurologist and board certified headache medicine specialist, DR. MITRA ASSADI, director of Capital Health’s Headache Center, part of the Capital Institute for Neurosciences. Dr. Assad will discuss various types of headaches, what can cause them and the different treatment options for controlling them and relieving the pain.Call 609-394-4153 or visit www.capitalhealth.org/events to register.
Fire Safety for Older Adults. Monday, September 10 | 10am at Mercer County Library-Hopewell. 245 Pennington Titusville Road, Pennington. Throughout the past few years the number of older adults dying in fires has been on the rise. Join us as the Mercer County Committee of Fire Safety for Older Adults presents important information about hazards in your home and ways you can prevent an emergency. Things are changing every day; make sure you are up to speed on the new rules and regulations.
Medicare Information Session. Tuesday, September 18 | 7pm at Mercer County Library-Hopewell. 245 Pennington Titusville Road, Pennington. Many people get confused about Medicare. With something as important as health insurance, it’s essential to have the correct information. Anthony Williams from BGA Insurance Group will review what is and is not covered by Medicare A and B. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A. Registration requested.
Vaccines for Older Adults. Tuesday, September 25 | 6:30pm-8:30pm at Pennington Public Library, 30 N. Main Street, Pennington. As we age, our immune system weakens and it is more difficult to fight infections. Vaccines are especially important for older adults. Join us as Capital Health Pharmacy presents Vaccines for Older Adults, come learn about the various vaccines that are recommended for older adults, including Flu, Pneumonia, Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis), Shingles etc. Getting vaccinated helps keep not only you healthy but your family, friends and community! Registration is requested, to register please call Liz, 609-537-0257 or email@example.com by Friday, September 21st.
FLU CLNIC INFORMATION. The Center for Disease Control recommends influenza vaccinations for all people over 6 months of age. Production of flu vaccine is already under way and shipments are arriving daily at physician’s offices, your neighborhood drug store and supermarket pharmacies in addition to the local health departments. Hopewell Township Health Department will be working with Walgreen’s (Rite Aid) pharmacy to bring flu clinics throughout the Valley this fall.
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 | 2pm-7pm at Hopewell Township Municipal Building, 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Road, Titusville. NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY. Bring Medicare, insurance and prescription cards to clinic.
Blood Pressure Screenings:
- Blood Pressure. Tuesday, September 4 | 10am – 11am at Senior Center, 395 Reading Street, Pennington. Bring your own machine and we can make sure it is working properly.
- Blood Pressure Blood Glucose Screening. Tuesday, September 18 | 10am – 12 noon, Lower Level, Hopewell Township Municipal Building. Bring your own blood pressure machine and we can make sure it is working properly. Fasting for 2 hour post for accurate result.
Healthy Bones. Mondays and Wednesdays | 11am at the Court Room, Hopewell Township Municipal Building. Ongoing classes to build bone strength and prevent osteoporosis. Space is limited. Call 537-0236 to sign up and confirm enrollment in the class. 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Road, Titusville NJ 08560.
609-737-0120 Vital records 609-737-0120 x 684 www.hopewelltwp.org
Link to Health Services in Mercer County
- Greater Mercer Public Health Partnership – http://healthymercer.org/
- Capital Health http://www.capitalhealth.org
- Penn Medicine Princeton Health http://www.princetonhcs.org
- Robert Wood Johnson Hospital http://www.rwjhamilton.org
- St. Francis Medical Center http://www.stfrancismedical.com
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.