Hopewell Township has set its bulk waste collection schedule and rules.
Collection months: April & October.
Pickups are by Zone. Zones are listed below.
Pickup must be pre‐scheduled. You may submit the online form at http://hopewelltwp.org/bulk‐waste‐form.html or call 609‐537‐0250 to schedule your collection. You may also mail the completed form with payment (see fee payment information below).
Fee is $29 non‐refundable and must be received Wednesday prior to the designated pick‐up week. See Fee Payment Information below.
Place items at curb but not in street no earlier than the Friday prior to pick‐up and no later than 7 am Monday of the pick‐up week.
Crews will not return for items placed out after the above deadline.
Bulk waste acceptance criteria per pickup are:
- 5 specified items (example of one specified item: sofa, bicycle, table, one 5’ length (rolled) of carpet, one 6’ length of fence, four dining chairs);
- 4 bags/boxes not to exceed 40 pounds each. Container shall be strong enough to support weight and shall not contain any sharps (example of “sharps”: needles);
- One 32‐gallon container of light construction debris (example of light construction debris: wood and sheetrock). All nails shall be pounded down or removed;
- Wood fence. All concrete shall be removed from fencing;
- Carpet, upholstered furniture, and bedding shall be covered with plastic to avoid from getting wet and heavy.
- Windows. Cover with cardboard or tape to prevent shatter.
Items Not Accepted (Non Complying Bulk Waste Items Will NOT Be Removed):
- Sharps (ex. Needles)
- Construction Materials
- Cement Block
- Chain Link Fence
- Chicken Wire
- Household Trash
- Roofing Materials
- Railroad Ties
- Treated Lumber
- Tree Stumps
Fee Payment Information:
In person at Public Works Building (203 Washington Crossing‐Pennington Road), Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Overnight drop box located at the Hopewell Township Municipal Bldg.(at Scotch Road end of Bldg.).
By mail to Public Works Department, 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Rd., Titusville, NJ 08560.
When mailing or using the overnight drop box payments for bulk waste shall include a list of items to be collected, what payment is for, name, address, phone number and email address, if you have one.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.