The Hopewell Valley Education Foundation (HVEF) is hosting its annual Boots & Bling gala event Friday, May 10, 2019 at Hopewell’s historic Glenmoore Farm. The event, which celebrates Hopewell Valley Regional School District’s outstanding educators and staff, honors the six teachers and three support staff who won the 2019 Governor’s Teacher and Educational Services Professional Recognition Awards.
Residents and educators from across the District will join the HVEF board, Superintendent of Schools Tom Smith and Director of Curriculum and Instruction Rosetta Treece for a night of celebration in honor of the Governor’s Award Teacher of the Year winners:
- Bear Tavern Elementary School – Christina Virtucio, fifth-grade teacher
- Hopewell Elementary School – Helen Corveleyn, STEM facilitator
- Stony Brook Elementary School – Lynn Angelus, kindergarten teacher
- Toll Gate Grammar School – Nicole Sebastian, IPI teacher
- Timberlane Middle School – Donna Cariola, art teacher
- Central High School – Lauren Cell, mathematics teacher
The event also will celebrate the 2019 Support Staff Professionals of the Year:
- Stony Brook Elementary School – Jay Lenarski, campus safety officer
- Timberlane Middle School – Patricia Armstrong, paraprofessional
- Central High School – Dave Raduzycki, head custodian
“Every year the Hopewell Valley Education Foundation looks forward to this special evening to shine a spotlight on the incredible talent that our teachers and staff bring to our schools,” said Kevin Kuchinski, HVEF board president. “Our students are so fortunate to benefit from the dedication and innovation that educators across our District demonstrate. It’s why HVEF and the broader Hopewell Valley community is so proud to support their efforts and educational excellence throughout the District.”
The 2019 Boots and Bling gala will feature delicious food and drink, a DJ and dancing, and a silent auction featuring the best in goods and entertainment that the region has to offer. HVEF invites everyone to dust off their cowboy boots and join the fun at the Glenmoore farm barn on Friday, May 10th from 6:30-10:30pm for a night to remember. Tickets are available at www.hvef.org/news-events/above-and-beyond-gala/event-registration.html.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.