The following is a message from Lawrence Township:
Recycling will be collected on Saturday, January 7th.
55th Annual Reenactment of the Delaying Tactics of Colonel Edward Hand: This event is scheduled for Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and will begin at the Lawrence Township Municipal Building. See attached flyer for additional information.
Dog License Renewal: January is dog license renewal month. All dogs seven (7) months and older must be licensed. For your convenience an application for licensing your dog has been attached. For questions or additional information about licenses, please call the Clerk’s office at 609-844-7000.
Rabies Clinic: The Lawrence Township Health Department is holding a free rabies clinic on Saturday, January 14, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the National Guard Armory on Eggert Crossing Road. For questions or additional information about the clinic you may call the Animal Control Officer at 609-844-7092.
Road Work: The NJ Department of Transportation has advised us that their scheduled construction project at the I-295 southbound ramp to Route 1 (Exit 67) has been POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Carter Road bridge project is almost complete. We have been advised that the road is expected to be open to traffic on or about January 16, 2017.
The traffic pattern on the Route #1 project now goes up to the Brunswick Circle. Motorists should use caution and be aware of the lane shifts between the Brunswick Circle and Lake Drive.
Brush and Branch Collection Begins in January: The week of January 9 is Zone 2 – Yard waste shall not be placed at the curb prior to your designated collection week. Residents may place brush at the curb the weekend before their scheduled collection week.
- Yard waste and vegetative materials shall not be placed in an area of the street greater than four (4) feet in height. All branches shall be no greater than 5 feet in length.
- Tree limbs larger than 8 inches in diameter may not be disposed of through curbside collection.
- Stumps, dirt, grass, sod, pressure treated wood, stones, plywood, and construction material will not be collected.
- Yard waste shall not be placed within 10 feet from the nearest storm drain outlet.
- Christmas trees may be placed out during your scheduled week for zone pickup. All decoration and lights must be removed.
- Trees may also be taken to the Ecological Facility at 3701 Princeton Pike.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Department of Public Works at 609-587-1894.
Lawrence Township Eco-Waste Collection Program: Lawrence Township continues to offer an optional recycling program that allows residents the opportunity to compost their organic waste. Removing organic materials from the waste stream will reduce the amount of trash that is taken to the landfill. According to the EPA, food scraps and yard waste make up 20 to 30 percent of the waste stream.
If you are interested, please complete the enrollment form: http://lawrencetwp.com/pw-organicwaste.html