The following is a message from Lawrence Township:
Children’s Summer Camp: Lawrence Township Recreation offers a wide variety of children’s summer camps, such as Art/Theater Camp, Sports Camp, Park Camp, Safety Town Camp, Teen Travel Camp, Police Academy, and the Nature Center STEAMIN’ Camp. For more information visit http://www.lawrencetwp.com/rec.html or call the Recreation Department at 609-844-7067. You can register online by signing on to CommunityPass.
2017 Fireworks Celebration and National Anthem Contest: The 2017 Lawrence Township Fireworks will be held at Rider University on Friday, June 30th. The band will play from 6:00-8:00 p.m., followed by music from The Bronc, Rider University’s radio station. The fireworks will begin at approximately 9:30 p.m. The rain date will be Saturday, July 1st. For a chance to sing the National Athem at the 2017 Fireworks celebration, please click here for details.
Radon Kits Are Still Available For Residents: There will be a limit of one free test kit per household. These kits will be available for pick up at the Lawrence Township Health Department, 2207 Lawrence Road, during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please note the kits are available for use in Lawrence Township homes only. Proof of residency will be required at the time the kit is issued. For more information please contact the Lawrence Township Health Department at 609-844-7089.
Click It or Ticket Program: Lawrence Township Police Department is participating in the nationwide Click It or Ticket safety belt mobilization program from May 22 through June 4, 2017 in an effort to raise awareness and increase safety belt usage.
- Cold Soil Road – Starting May 31, 2017, Cold Soil Road (between Carter Road and Keefe Road) will be closed during the day for re-paving. The project is anticiapted to take approximately two weeks. The roadway will remain open for local traffic, deliveries and school buses.
- NJDOT Project – Route 206 Bridges over Stony Brook: Please be advised on Thursday, June 8 and Friday, June 9 there will be alternating NB/SB lane closures between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.on Route 206. Please use caution and follow detours when posted.
- The Route #1 construction project is continuing as expected. Caution should be used along this stretch of roadway and when entering and exiting the Brunswick Circle.
- Walkway Closure: Due to the recent inclement weather, the repairs at the Aqua site on Green Avenue have been delayed and resurfacing along the north walkway between Green Avenue and Marion Place will not be completed for about another week. The Johnson Trolley path may be utilized as an alternate during this time.
- Province Line Road – Construction continues – Province Line Road (between US Route 206 and Princeton Pike) will be closed to all traffic in the northbound direction. The southbound lane will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic will be detoured to Fackler Road.
Brush and Branch Collection
The week of June 5 is Zone 1 for brush and branch collection. If you are not in Zone 1, please DO NOT place brush in the roadway. You must wait until your designated week.
- The week of June 12 is Zone 2 for brush and branch collection. If you are not in Zone 1, please DO NOT place brush in the roadway. You must wait until your designated week.
- DO NOT PUT GRASS CLIPPINGS IN THE ROADWAY. Grass clippings must be disposed of as regular solid waste. Your clippings must be bagged and placed in your blue cart. They may not be disposed of in plastic bags and left at the edge of the road or in containers other than the blue Township carts.
- Yard waste and vegetative materials shall not be placed in an area of the street greater than four (4) feet in height. All branches shall be no greater than 5 feet in length.
- Tree limbs larger than 8 inches in diameter may not be disposed of through curbside collection.
- Stumps, dirt, grass, sod, pressure treated wood, stones, plywood, and construction material will not be collected.
- Yard waste shall not be placed within 10 feet from the nearest storm drain outlet.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Department of Public Works at 609-587-1894.
2017 Reduced Cost for Curbside Organic Collection Program: The 2017 cost to participate in this program has been reduced to $12.00 per month (will increase to $17.00 again in 2018) for all participants in the Curbside Organic Collection Program. For details and information on how to sign up, please click here.