To the Editor:
I am pleased to announce that I have submitted my petition for re-election to the Hopewell Valley Regional School District Board of Education. It has been my privilege to represent Hopewell Township on the Board over the past six years. I have chaired and served on several Board committees including Education, Personnel, Technology, Policy, Finance, and Facilities.
I am proud of Hopewell’s direction and accomplishments, and it has been gratifying to be actively involved in the development of many district initiatives during my time on the Board, including:
- Increasing access to AP and Honors classes at Central High School and Timberlane MS by establishing consistent eligibility criteria;
- Improving consistency of curriculum, instruction and achievement across our four elementary schools;
- Developing programs to improve services while keeping special education students in-district;
- Developing a homework policy to balance academics and co-curriculars;
- Establishing STEM and Performing Arts magnet academies;
- Expanding Kindergarten to a full-day program;
- Implementing a 1:1 learning environment while reducing overall district technology costs;
- Increasing extra-curricular opportunities through the addition of new athletic teams and clubs;
- Hiring capable, visionary administrators, improving professional development and transitioning to inquiry-based instruction; and
- Minimizing annual budget increases and ensuring that funds provided by district taxpayers are used wisely and effectively.
I believe I can make valuable contributions to our current initiatives that include improving our appeal process, grading, report cards, and character and cultural education. I will also keep a watchful eye on the ongoing referendum projects.
I hope to have the opportunity to continue my service to the students, parents, and residents of Hopewell Valley as a member of the Board of Education and respectfully request your support.
Adam J. Sawicki Jr.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.