At last night’s school board meeting, the Hopewell Valley Regional School District (HVRSD) recognized six teachers in the district who have been honored with the Governor’s Teacher/Educational Services Professional Recognition award, part of a statewide program that acknowledges educators who demonstrate outstanding performance year after year.
“This is tuly is a great accompliment and I hope that these teachers will impart their knowledge to the rest of the district,” said HVRSD Superintendent Dr. Tom Smith.
Hopewell’s 2015 winners are:
- Hopewell Valley Central High School math teacher Lori Cavanaugh
- Timberlane Middle School science teacher Gregory Hunter
- Stony Brook Elementary School fourth-grade teacher Sarah Lindbloom
- Bear Tavern Elementary School Media Specialist Paula Ann Muhlbauer
- Hopewell Elementary School Special Education teacher Catherine Kulp
- Toll Gate Grammar School teacher Kimberly Renick, who teaches Advanced Level Reading and Math and Basic Skills
Anthony Suozzo, HVRSD Director of Human Resources and Special Projects, welcomed everyone, “This is truly one of the highlights of the year for the district and Board of Education. Each year, the Governor’s Educator of the Year Program honors teachers and educational service professionals throughout the state whose contributions to their students are exceptional….Staff members were nominated by peers, parents, students, and administrators.”
The criteria used by each selection committee is:
- Exceptional instructional techniques;
- Superior ability to inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- Respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues; and
- Ability to foster excellence in education as evidenced by ongoing contributions to the improvement of student learning and the learning environment.
And here they are! Each teacher has at least one quote after his or her picture highlighting some of the wonderful comments said about that teacher by students, parents, administration and colleagues.
“Each of our honorees this evening will be recognized on May 1st at the annual E squared dinner sponsored by the Hopewell Valley Education Foundation,” said Suozzo. “They will also attend a luncheon at the county level later in the spring with Dr. Smith.”
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.