In a message to the community on Sunday, Hopewell Valley Regional School District Superintendant Tom Smith announced the closure of all Hopewell schools on Monday, January 25, 2016 due to the residual effects of the record breaking snow storm to hit Mercer County over the weekend. Ewing Township, WWP, Princeton and East Windsor Public Schools are among other Mercer districts who have also announced closures for Monday. Story revised with updated information on other schools.
Citing the inability of busing contractors to get students to the districts and the continued poor condition of roads, school officials are apparently playing it safe. Schools that have reported to MercerMe closures or delays for Monday include:
- Hopewell Valley Regional School District (closed)
- East Windsor School District (closed)
- Ewing Township Public Schools (closed)
- West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District (closed)
- Painted Oak Nursery School (closed)
- Princeton Public Schools (closed)
- Hamilton Public Schools (closed)
- Trenton Public Schools (closed)
- Mercer County Community College (first day of semester rescheduled for Tuesday 1/26)
- Mercer County Technical School District (closed)
- Mercer County Special Services School District (closed)
- Lawrence Township Public Schools (closed)
- St. Paul’s Catholic School Princeton (closed)
- Princeton Day School (closed)
MercerMe will be updating this list throughout the day on Sunday. Please contact us with anything we’ve missed!
We need your support.
If MercerMe is your go-to source for local news, please support us! Our readers and advertising partners are necessary to keep the news coming.
Hyperlocal, independent, reliable, and digital, MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. We’re community connected.
Click here to subscribe today!