The following letter was sent to HVRSD families today:
Dear Hopewell Valley Families:
This morning we were informed that a student at the Hopewell Elementary School and a student at the Timberlane Middle School tested positive for COVID. The last time these individuals were in school was Monday, November 9, 2020 and were asymptomatic. Based on contact tracing, we do not believe the individuals were infectious while they were in the buildings.
The district will continue to take precautions to prevent the introduction and spread of viruses and other germs and we are cleaning frequently-touched surfaces daily.
Given the current increase in cases in New Jersey, please help protect all of us by monitoring your family members for symptoms and following the guidelines below:
Stay home when you are sick; Wash your hands often with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds;
- Cover coughs and sneezes and properly dispose of tissues;
- Practice social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart) at all times – including at bus stops and playgrounds;
- Wear a mask while on school property – including playgrounds after school;
- Limit close contact with people who are sick and do not share food, drinks, and utensils and;
- Continue to monitor your health for symptoms.
We appreciate your support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant, but sensible, in your approach to dealing with this health concern.
Thomas A. Smith, Ed.D.Superintendent of Schools