On Saturday August 22 at 11am, concerned citizens from New Jersey and Pennsylvania will be participating in a peaceful demonstration of a united front of Pennsylvania’s and New Jersey’s community opposition to the proposed PennEast pipeline.
The one-mile march will begin at Veterans Park in Upper Black Eddy, PA and proceed across the bridge to Milford Borough Park in Milford, NJ. There will be a rally with speakers, a Lenni Lenape drum circle, graffiti artists, children’s crafts, music, and more. Parking and porta-potties will be available. Rides will be provided for those who cannot comfortably walk.
For more information, check out the event page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1622084484711156/.
For additional information about the PennEast Pipeline, check out the following articles:
- Experts Testify to Health and Safety Harms Posed by PennEast Pipeline, Hopewell Twp Passes Resolution
- Access for PennEast Test-Boring on Ted Stiles Preserve on Baldpate Mountain and No Survey Access for PennEast on Hopewell Township Property
- LIVE: FERC Scoping Meeting re: PennEast Pipeline
- NJ Conservation Foundation passes resolution opposing PennEast pipeline
- LIVE: Hopewell Township Special Committee Meeting on PennEast Pipeline
- Grasping the “Scope” of PennEast Pipeline Devastation, Alternate Route Debunked
If these don’t satisfy your itch, check out all MercerMe articles on PennEast by clicking here.
If you rely on MercerMe for your local news, please support us.
To keep the news coming, we rely on support from subscribers and advertising partners. Hyperlocal, independent, and digital — MercerMe has been providing Hopewell Valley its news since 2013. Subscribe today.