Central Jersey residents can get a head start on a healthier New Year, with a series of FREE workshops called “Take Control of Your Health”:
- “Take Control of Your Health” is an evidence-based Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) offered in your area.
- The workshops are a self-management education intervention for adults with chronic health conditions like arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, lung disease etc. People with more than one chronic condition may find the program especially helpful.
- The target audience includes those with chronic diseases and their caregivers.
- CDSMP is a series of weekly 2.5 hour long classes for 6 weeks. Participants learn techniques for coping with the physical and psychological effects of chronic disease, and strategies for reducing symptoms and disability.
- Among the proven benefits, participants report less pain, fatigue, and depression; more energy; better communication with their physicians; better overall health; and increased confidence that they can manage their health.
Thanks to funding from the National Association of County & City Health Officials, and from the New Jersey Department of Human services, several Local Health Departments have come together to offer this program. Montgomery Township Health Department is proud to be the lead agency for this effort.
Classes are FREE and scheduled throughout Central New Jersey. Call now to reserve your seat at an upcoming series:
|Take Control of Your Health Class Schedule|
|(6 Mondays) January 12– February 16||PEAC Health & Fitness in Ewing||6:00pm – 8:30pm|
|(6 Wednesdays) January 14 – February 18||Princeton Health Department||9:30am – 12:00pm|
|(6 Fridays) February 6- March 13||Montgomery Township||11:00am – 1:30pm|
|(6 Thursdays) February 19 – March 26||Branchburg Township||6:00pm – 8:30pm|
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program was created by Stanford University. The program focuses on challenges that are common to individuals living with chronic health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, cancer, chronic pain, anxiety, etc. The target audience includes those with chronic diseases and their caregivers. The goal of this program is to empower attendees with the skills they need to effectively and optimally manage their conditions.
The workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders. Topics include:
Studies show that those who take the program demonstrate significant improvement in overall health and quality of life.
To learn more about this FREE workshop or to register please contact Devangi Patel at 908-533-9331 (Health Educator). Class size is limited. Open to all residents of New Jersey.